Sunday, August 29, 2010

Super Double Secret Bonus Special #13

Today we have a book I found to be strangely compelling, it is a slice of Americana, mixed with old world charm, set in an America of the past, and salted with an extraordinary tale of horror and monsters among us. This delicious meal of great reading comes from an author named Doris Piserchia, who used the pen name, Curt Selby to offer her scifi and horror books. This is a wonderful book that is a worthy read.

Curt Selby - Blood County.doc


2 comments:

  1. This one was different, and not at all what I might have expected, not once does she use the word 'vampire' in this book, instead, the reference is to being 'Lamprous'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this book, Beth. Thanks so much. :-)

    Without reading it, it made me think of some old movies made years back, with mutant babies? that were totally vicious and crawl away trough the neighborhood. They'd have made Alien's brood like like little wimps. :-)

    A later show had them placed on an island and so vicious there. It was so campy?, if I'm using the term right. Poor 'lil things. :-)

    I need to look around and see if the movie(s) made it into book form. :-)

    Babalon :-)

    ReplyDelete