Friday, August 20, 2010

Special #26

TGIF! Ahhhh, it is that time of the week again in which we kick back and enjoy a few books without the hurdy-gurdy of the work week. We have triplets this week thanks to Uglyoldude, who along with our own babalon, has provided us with another one of those great transcriptions.

First my little offering, which is one of those zombie hordes books that I know and love so well. Yep, predictable ain't I? In this undead gem, it is just a story about a psychopathic boy and his gun, who finds himself in the shorts-wetting extasy of a zombie apocalypse. Just what every little over-testosteroned boy like him dreams of late at night. Zany images of horror and violence abound!

Eloise J Knapp - The Undead Situation.doc



Next we have that unexpected pleasure, a beautiful reproduction of the sequel to the novelization of the movie, E.T. Writing a sequel to this great novelization was a no-brainer, even though they never did a sequel to the movie. This wonderful transcription keeps the story alive for our members appreciation.

William Kotzwinkle - E T The Book Of The Green Planet.doc



Finally today, we have a wonderful rendition of that children's classic, the book made into one of the most successful Disney movies of all time, Bambi. This beautiful transcription of the book as it was originally tranlsated from it's native German and brought to the english speakers, is complete with illustrations throughout, and is a wonderful addition to any library, digital or otherwise.

Salten Felix - Bambi.doc

9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! A couple of great additions by TWO of our members! This was a great special thank you so much Uglyoldude and babalon for making it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bambi... I Oh it's......Oh... Bambi.....sniff sniff.... aww... bambi.....speechless babbling of joy and thanks... sniff... moved to tears... bambi.....thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. and it does not have any zombies in it... woohoo......sorry beth but Whilst I CAN imagine a zombie killing Bambi's Mom... I do prefer it with out

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem dear, I too can understand the love of a childhood favorite. This is a great copy, with the old-fashioned woodcut style illustrations. It is perfect.

    For some reason babalon is having trouble with the comment section here, so until we can resolve that, I will just say for her that she is happy that Bambi is something you will like, and she hopes you enjoy it as much as it sounds like you will!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Testing ... and a one, and a two, and a three ...

    babalon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is nothing ever easy ... sigh ... ROFL.

    Okay, fols if you get that it doesn't recognize you use the Anonymous in select profile and REMEMBER TO POST WHO YOU ARE! :-)

    ;-)

    Hehehehehe I beat their system. Doo dah doo dah!

    They say you give a number of monkeys a keyboard and eventually they'll pull out the complete works of Shakesphere.

    Give me a few buttons and I'll eventually hit on how to use something, won't know what I did, but I'll make it go. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops that should read "folks" NOT "fols" mis-type. Sorry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, that is definitly our babbie! ROFLMAO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Bethy ... :-PPPPP!

    ;-)

    :-)

    babalon :-)

    ReplyDelete