Saturday, August 21, 2010

Strange Saturday Stuff

Ok, I was a little 'tied up' this morning, and couldn't get to this until now, here is my Saturday Stuff, (Strange) for this week.

First we have some of the strangest stuff you've ever read, this writer is the master of the newest genre of books recognized by booksellers, the bizarro genre. No kidding, look it up on Amazon, or Barnes and Noble's and you will find that genre, with quite a few up and coming authors represented, of which this one is the best known, read, and regarded. So for a touch of the officially strange here they are:

Carlton Mellick III - Satan Burger.doc
Carlton Mellick III - The Haunted Vagina.doc
Carlton Mellick III - War Slut.doc
Next we have that aspect of the Saturday Stuff that no one but myself thinks is strange, but I do, so here they are, this weeks magazines:

Astounding June 1950






Rocket Stories September 1953





Space Stories April 1953







And this concludes today's portion of strangeness, thank you for your attention, inattention, or other, stranger motivations and or situations that resulted in your being here and viewing this.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, give the bizarro stuff of Mellick III a try, it is really wierd but fascinating! The pulp magazines have both famous writers, and stories by writers you've never heard of, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, great finds, thanks, Beth! :-)

    Sorry I'm late getting in here myself today. Errands earlier, then we brought Jen's mother over for a visit. :-)

    Babalon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey is a Satin Burger one of those things you get at McDonalds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. [quote]
    uglyoldude said...
    Hey is a 'Satin Burger' one of those things you get at McDonalds?
    [\unquote]

    Probably, but a 'Satan Burger' is something else, I think it means it was sold by Paris Hilton or something...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did meen Satan Burger (my mistook)

    ReplyDelete