George R Stewart - Earth Abides.doc
A little place where friends can discuss books and other idle interests.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Beth's Favorites #17
Today we are featuring one of my all time favorite Post-apocalyptic world stories. Earth Abides was the first one I had ever read, and for the little girl I used to be, it was an incredibly powerful story of an individual who is abandoned by humanity through it's own expiration, and somehow makes the most of it. It is not your usual post-apocalyptic gun-em-down replete with mutants and montsters, nope, but it does have action, and it does follow the life of a man in post catastrophic events, in a world emptied of most all people. Great stuff.
George R Stewart - Earth Abides.doc
George R Stewart - Earth Abides.doc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Part of what signifies a favorite for me it the number of times I have re-read a book, if the number of times I have re-read one exceeds my ability to remember, it is one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteThis one far exceeds my ability to remember how many times I have re-read it.
Thank you, Beth. I've never heard of this book before you mentioned it. For me this is a great find. Thank you. :-)
ReplyDelete