So we will begin this week with some of the strangest, funniest, and mostly bizarro humor of Jeff Strand, his heroes are bumbling losers, with the worst possible luck, drawn into the most horrifying situations. The beauty is, they are too busy stumble-bumming through to realize the horror themselves, and so handle it all with aplomb, and therein lies the humor.
Jeff Strand - Andrew Mayhem 01 - Graverobbers Wanted.doc
Jeff Strand - Andrew Mayhem 02 - Single White Psychopath Seeks Same.doc
Jeff Strand - Andrew Mayhem 03 - Casket For Sale.doc
Jeff Strand - How To Rescue A Dead Princess.doc
Jeff Strand - Mandibles.doc
Jeff Strand - Out of Whack.doc
Now for that portion that I am, from all I can tell, the only one who thinks it is strange to feature, the magazines! Our first is a detective story circular that was very popular in it's time.
Nick Carter Weekly December 1908.rar



The next one, despite it's name, was really a sort of boy's life for men. Sports stories, and pictures of Parisian women were it's stock and trade.
The National Police Gazette October 1907.rar



And last, it was the turn of the century, the Wild West had not vanished from the American scene yet, and the east was fascinated by the tales of it's rough and tumble ways.
Wild West Weekly December 1907.rar


I am not sure how the magazines are being recieved, but the strange books I post every week seem to be a hit. I guess everyone is looking for a few grins and maybe a laugh or two in these times.
ReplyDeleteAmazing, astonishing, astounding,awesome, brilliant, cool, divine, enjoyable, excellent, fabulous, fantastic, incredible, magnificent, marvelous, outstanding, peachy, phenomenal, pleasant, pleasing, remarkable, sensational, stupendous, super, superb, surprising, swell, terrific, tremendous, unheard-of, wondrous!
ReplyDelete:-P
Beth ... you de bestest in de whole wide world!
And I do mean that from the bottom of my heart. Another great week. Thank you! :-)
Wow...
ReplyDeleteAnother satisfied member, I get one of those occasionally...
:)
I am satisfied too :-) @ Bethanys Strange Interests
ReplyDeleteDouble wowzers, extended satisfactions!
ReplyDelete