The year we were on was 1965, and the collectables in those early days reflected the Dalek mania that had swept the nation, but a new interest, the launching of the sputnik, and the goal set by President John Fitzgerald "Jack" Kennedy, of the United States in response, a goal to put a man on the moon within the decade, were creating a new interest in space. The doctor was posed to take advantage of both these interests in it's marketing, and so was born the Dalek Pocketbook - Space Travellers Guide. With a handy encyclopedic first half covering the Daleks, for those fans who could not get enough, and an informative, (if somewhat fictional) of what dangers thrills and sights awaited the space traveler in our galaxy.
Doctor Who - Dalek Pocketbook - Space Travellers Guide 1965.rar




Ok, I believe I am doing this whole Dr Who bit primarily for myself, but who cares? I love this stuff!
ReplyDeleteNo, you're not alone!!! I'm here! See?!!! Please, I'm enjoying these!!! ReallY!!!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen these issues, or heard of them! :-)
Thank you! :-)