Friday, August 6, 2010

Special #24

TGIF! Yep, it is that time of the week to kick back and look to leisure interests, like books! So here is a few to tide you over the weekend. We have two of my horror specials, and one classic by our own babalon. First the horror genre has had regular new stars appearing every decade to carry the banner, and to alter the 'style' of the writing. This new English author is one of the newest crop of exceptional horror writers, redifining what horror reads like in todays literature.

Adam Nevill - Apartment 16.doc
Adam Nevill - Banquet for the Damned.doc



Robert Heinlein has been collected and printed endlessly and few of his works are 'rare' but this one brought to us by babalon in it's original format is. A story he originally got published in an issue of Boy's Life, he had it overlooked for years, it wasn't until after he passed away that it was even re-printed. Well here it is in it's original format with illustrations and all!

Robert A Heinlein - Tenderfoot In Space.doc

4 comments:

  1. It isn't often that some piece of publishing history is available like this, thank you babalon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome. I really do strive to find the original when I can. Someday I hope to have a scanner again and than I can scan my own in for better work. :-/ Googling doesn't always give me all the images I want, if any. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A rare Heinlein? What a treat! Thanks so much for making this available.

    ReplyDelete