Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Frank Frazetta's Fantasy Illustrated

Towards the end of his life, during the last of his active contribution period as an artist, he helped create a magazine that featured stories by the best authors and artists in the fantasy world. The magazine ran for eight issues before his health made him pull the plug, but they are eight of the most wonderous magazines any fantasy lover could wish for. Here, for no particular reason than I could not stomach the fact that it had worked out to a perfect one post a day average for the blog this month, and felt compelled to mess it up, is this glorious work of love by one of the most loved artists in the fantasy world.

Frank Frazetta's Fantasy Illustrated (All issues).part1.rar
Frank Frazetta's Fantasy Illustrated (All issues).part2.rar
Frank Frazetta's Fantasy Illustrated (All issues).part3.rar
Frank Frazetta's Fantasy Illustrated (All issues).part4.rar

Here are the covers and table of contents pages for all eight in order, the magazines are high-quality scans with each page in the 1300x2400 pixel range. the entire four part archive containing the complete set is nearly 350mb.



















2 comments:

  1. Ok, these are amazing and wonderful, their art, their stories, cant say enough.

    Oh yeah, I threw in the Thunda Frazetta comic for our own Babalon, I know she loves Frazetta's art, and jungle tales, so it is a thanks to someone who has become a good friend.

    Thank you Babalon for all you've contributed, and for being there for me when I needed you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Beth. I require no thanks. :-)

    These are all super fantastic! :-)

    Thank you ever so much! :-)

    'lil babbie ties one of Beth's shoelaces to her chair leg instead of the two she had originally planned to do.

    Sniff! I am so loved here. Thanks again.

    Really. :-)

    ReplyDelete