Today, something a little different for our SDSBS, I just finished a fantastic series that I enjoyed way too much to not share. This story of a demon hunter is unlike most I have run across in the current wave of books that feature such. For one thing, here there be angels, and not your fuzzy 'I just want to help' kind, but the 'rained death and destruction upon them and smote them mightily' kind. Second reason why this is in a league above it's fellows in this field of paranormal stories, is the writing is beyond excellent, the plots, the characterizations, the descriptive scene settings, all are stellar writing. So my enthusiasm leads me to recommend this series, enjoy it as I did. Here are the taglines for the books, they encouraged me to put these near the top of my TBR pile, maybe they will do the same for you.
Tagline for the first,
'Eve of Darkness,
' was -
Cursed by God, hunted by demons, desired by Cain and Abel... All in a day's work.
Tagline for the second,
'Eve of Destruction,
' was -
When you're learning to hunt demons, homework can be hell...
Tagline for the third,
'Eve of Chaos,
' was -
How do you tell Satan that you ran over his hellhound?
S J Day - Marked 01 - Eve of Darkness.doc
S J Day - Marked 02 - Eve of Destruction.doc
S J Day - Marked 03 - Eve of Chaos.doc
I am seriously not kidding, I can't remember when I enjoyed a series as much in quite some time. Loved it!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bethany! :-D
ReplyDeleteWith tags like those, and with your recommendations, definitely must haves for me. :-)
Babalon :-)