Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Beth's Favorites #21

Today we have one of my favorite mainstream fiction books. Today it would be marketed as paranormal romance, but it is just a very well written, moving, and fun book. The story about a household of witches and the tribulations of a generation of them is so good it inspired a hit movie. Murder, supernatural forces for both evil and good, a dogged lawman, and a town that rejects at first but then comes to embrace are all components of this freewheeling and fascinating book.

Alice Hoffman - Practical Magic.doc



2 comments:

  1. Yes, the book is better than the movie, but this is one of those rare cases when the book and the movie are both wonderful pieces of art in their own right. Maybe that happens because the books they spring from are just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bethany! I'm actually jumping up and down! The movie was great! Thank you for this. I've looked forever and could never find it in the stores, or a format I could read. :-)

    Babalon :-)

    ReplyDelete