Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Beth's Favorites #20

Today we have one of my favorite books, it is not entirely classifieable, the author is known for her romance, and there is a romance aspect to the story, but the story itself is scifi, with some fantasy sprinkled around perhaps. There is a touch of thriller, and some definite mystery, so I would need a lot of hyphens to classify it accuratly. The story is about a couple who fall in love lifetime after lifetime, with each other, drawn together by forces that try to meld them, then destroy them. The catch, and the interesting part is, the man in this couple, and just the man, remembers from one lifetime to the next. This is the story of him trying to keep the girl from falling in love with him, to keep her from the pain that always occours after. And it is the story of his quest, through many lifetimes to find an answer to why, and to try and stop it. There, that is more synopsis than I usually give, but I don't think any real spoilers were revealed, this is because I wanted your curiosity piqued, this one is really worth reading!

My Name Is Memory - Ann Brashares.doc



2 comments:

  1. Ok, I really liked this one, it was involving, the premise was fantastic, and the writing was super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another super read! Thank you, Bethany. :-)

    Babalon :-)

    ReplyDelete