Thursday, September 9, 2010

Off The Wall #8

Ha! It is time for that complete lack of style or creativity, that lackey o' classy moment of weekly pathos we like to call, Off The Wall! As usual, we have three sets of four wallpapers for your approval. (who actually uses these things anyway?) Plus, direct from my totally off the wall tastes to you, comes the soundtrack of a movie that I used to go to every Friday night at a midnight showing during my college years at UT in Austin Tx. at a little theater called the Riverside Theater.

First, the walls, the catagory for this group is 'fantasy'








The next catagory is 'nature'









And finally, the last catagory, 'science fiction'









And now, that musical extravaganza that was a nearly weekly event for me during my undergraduate years, the soundtrack for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I went every week with hundreds of others, we dressed as characters from the movies, got tipsy or high before we got there, made sure we had packed the unbuttered toast to throw at the screen, and stood in line every Friday night at midnight in order to watch this movie which we knew not only every line of the music, but every line of the movie itself, and would recite them, en-mass each doing the part they were dressed as. (I always went as Magenta, with tons of mousse and hairspray)

Rocky Horror OST

01 Science Fiction_Double Feature.mp3
02 Dammit Janet.mp3
03 Over At The Frankenstein Place.mp3
04 The Time Warp.mp3
05 Sweet Transvestite.mp3
06 I Can Make You A Man.mp3
07 Hot Patootie - Bless My Soul.mp3
08 I Can Make You A Man (Reprise).mp3
09 Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me.mp3
10 Eddie.mp3
11 Rose, Tint My World.mp3
12 Super Heroes.mp3
13 I'm Going Home.mp3
14 The Time Warp (Remix).mp3
15 The Time Warp (Background Mix).mp3
 


5 comments:

  1. Don't you love the walls? Hey! Where are you all going!

    I loved that movie experience and it still brings a grin to my face whenever I think of those times. The music makes me dance and smile like a loon! I mean, Science Fiction-Double Feature is worth the price of admission alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree. I've only sen the movie. But Jennifer has shared her own views of the enjoyment she had attending the shows, over and over here in San Antonio when she was in college. :-)

    Babalon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oop ... forgot to mention ... re: todays great pic's. :-D

    "Let's you see the trees for the forest."

    Is my favorite today.

    :-)

    Babalon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. . . . .and again - and again! What a show. Even before it starts there is plenty to hold your attention. Cast members mingle and writhe through the waiting audience. A hot babe slithered along the seat backs, purred at me and started to wrap herself around Marjie! I see members of Bath Rugby club lounging about with pints in their hands - looking for all the world like they do propping up the bar at the club - except that they are wearing basques, stockings, lumpy looking skimpy knickers and flousy wigs. Smudged make-up told a story about one or two of them! Tarts! (Grin)I love these cult musicals. Escape from the Lost Planet was another goodie!

    ReplyDelete