Frank Beddor - The Looking Glass Wars 01 - The Looking Glass Wars.doc
Frank Beddor - The Looking Glass Wars 02 - Seeing Redd.doc
Frank Beddor - The Looking Glass Wars 03 - ArchEnemy.doc
Next we have a story about a nice teenage girl that happens to be a part-demon vampire hunter, but this girl is no buffy, and kicking ass is not something she does while she worries about what it is doing to her dating. This girl is all business, and her business is staking out her territory, or at least every vampire in it. She doesn't need to kick them and stick-em with a stake either, she has a sword that will separate those pesky vampires from all their cares and woes.
Parker Blue - Demon Underground 01 - Bite Me.doc
Parker Blue - Demon Underground 02 - Try Me.doc What would you do if you saw the holocaust happening around you during World War II? That is the premise in our third selections series, about a man who becomes a spy for the allies just so he can get the contacts to help jews escape from Germany while Hitler's SS is in the genocidal fury of the wartime 'final solution' phase of the 'master plan'. Gripping stuff well researched and very well written indeed.
David Downing - John Russell 01 - Zoo Station.doc
David Downing - John Russell 02 - Silesian Station.docDavid Downing - John Russell 03 - Stattin Station.doc
Then there is this selection, here in the 'Little Goddess' series, we have another teenage girl with anger management issues. This one starts out as a drop-out working a dead-end job at the local Stop-N-Rob convienience store, and ends up the Demi-God and queen vampire of the entire northern California supernatural population. We have some fantasy in the 'Bitter Moon' series about the trials in life of a young man who is apprenticed to his uncle, the Druid. And finally, a couple of stories about teen love, which happens to be between guys in a world of 'don't ask, don't tell.' Warning! Homophobes beware of a couple of these.
Amy Lane - Bitter Moon 01 - Triane's Son Ascending.doc
Amy Lane - Bitter Moon 02 - Triane's Son Reigning.docAmy Lane - If I Must.doc
Amy Lane - Keeping Promise Rock.doc
Amy Lane - Little Goddess 01 - Vulnerable.doc
Amy Lane - Little Goddess 02 - Wounded.doc
Amy Lane - Little Goddess 03 - Bound.doc
Amy Lane - Little Goddess 04 - Rampant.doc
And finally, our last selection this week is a great detective\suspense series that has made the bestseller list again and again. As the best, most results producing PI in the Chicago area, V I Warshawski will solve any mystery, crime, or protect anyone from the forces of those who do not play by the rules. One of the best of the modern private eye characters, these books are excellent reading, just the thing to while away an evening since there isn't anything on TV anymore anyway.
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 01 - Indemnity Only.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 03 - Killing Orders.docSara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 04 - Bitter Medicine.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 05 - Blood Shot.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 06 - Burn Marks.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 07 - Guardian Angel.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 08 - Tunnel Vision.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 09 - Hard Time.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 10 - Total Recall.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 12 - Fire Sale.doc
Sara Paretsky - V I Warshawski 13 - Hardball.doc
Okay, let's see, Looking Glass wars is a great trilogy. The Demon Underground series is some serious fun. David Downing's John Russel series is some fantastically imaged writing, you will feel the fear that the characters do when the SS enter the station. The Amy Lane stuff, well, the 'little goddess' protagonist goes from normal teen to Demi-goddes with four, (count 'em) husbands, the apprentice in the Bitter Moon series has raging hormone syndrome, and the most normal people in her stories are the sweet love stories about gay guys. She says she pulls her inspirations from her work, she is a high school teacher, I just wonder where her high school is, and why I have never heard of it! Finally there is the V I Warshawski, very good stories, with great characterizations and gripping plotlines, nice action too.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bethany. These are all great looking stories.
ReplyDeleteBabalon :-)
I hope everyone will excuse me for a few days if I'm quieter than usual. I have a cold and it's wearing me down. :-D
Okay, everyone, big hugs and kisses all around!
Oop, maybe the kisses were too much, probably spreading this around. Sigh ...
Stay well everyone! :-)
Babalon :-)
Take care of yourself hon' remember to drink plenty of liquids, everyone says they will, but they never drink enough. When you are sick, the liquids will help your body flush your system of toxins, and will hydrate you when you are needing it most!
ReplyDeleteTake care of youself, and I will take that kiss, infected or not! :)
Babalon melts into a puddle like butter dropped on the sidewalk in the hot sun in Texas in August ...
ReplyDeleteBabalon :-)