Ah-ha! It is time again for one of my favorites, well this week it is something a little narrow in genre definition, but this is my most favorite time-travel scifi novel. The story, the characters, the past, present, and future are fully realised and presented in well concieved and beautifully rendered discription. The story about a man who invents a time machine, and his son who follows trying to rescue him is pure 50's golden age of scifi flavored, but the times they travel, and the secret of the future are all epic scifi. Truly great stuff destined for classic status.
Time Travelers Never Die - Jack McDevitt.doc
Ok, this one is worth a read, no question. Jack McDevitt is the premier 'hard' scifi writer in existence today, and this kind of writing just proves why.
ReplyDeleteOk so I have a challenge for you book lovers out there... many years ago I read a book about a man who "Died" of a heart attack and woke up in his childhood reliving his life, but able to change things... till he reaches the year he "Dies" when he cycles back again but each time he goes back he is a little older. He starts putting ads in the papers looking for other this is happening to and finds a woman he falls in love with but their time is growing shorter with each encounter But she saves him when he has his heart attack and they move forward together... Does anyone know this book's title and author ...cos I can remember the book but can't find it again... shoulda wrote it down when I read it...some one loaned it to me but I can't even remember who !!.. anyone got any ideas?? please
ReplyDeleteWould that be Ken Grimwood's Replay?
ReplyDeleteCheck your email Heather honey...
ReplyDelete:)
This does look like a great, Bethany! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you! :-)
Babalon :-)
as Kermet would say Readit readit interesting story
ReplyDeleteMcDevitt takes over where Heinlein, Clarke, and Asimov left off. He will become known as one of the great SF writers of our time. Read his Priscilla "Hutch" Hutchins books for some excellent entertainment.
ReplyDeleteP.S. See my review of Jack's book "Eternity Road" plus a lot of additional reading material about the author at my blog here:
http://thealternativeone.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=45
HOW DID YOU DO THAT!!! You are 100% Right Ken Grimwood Replay I could never remember the title just the story which I thought was very good But you got it spot on... You are the Queen of the Ebooks.... Thank you..Thank you.. Thank you...
ReplyDelete