Eric S Brown - The War of the Worlds Plus Blood,Guts & Zombies.doc
A little place where friends can discuss books and other idle interests.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Super Double Secret Bonus Special #8
Oh ho! It is Sunday, time for the SDSBS, (Patty Hearst eat your heart out) which, once again features a classic made better by addition. Addition of zombies of course, which always lends a certain cachet to any story, don't you think. If you thought the H.G. Wells story of worlds at war with meanacing Martians in their tripod killing machines was a violent enough story, well, that just makes you a pansy now doesn't it?
Eric S Brown - The War of the Worlds Plus Blood,Guts & Zombies.doc
Eric S Brown - The War of the Worlds Plus Blood,Guts & Zombies.doc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahhhh, I just love the smell of zombies in the morning...
ReplyDelete(cough) [gag]
I enjoy these book versions very much. Thank you, Beth. These are great reads of fun interest for me. I appreciate seeing it up here. :-)
ReplyDeleteI wonder if you continue doing this, would you consider doing a yearly, single "drop" day fest? It could be fun viewing these various books to compare side-by-side.
I started laughing imagining, an elderly, matronly stoic school frump of an English professor, thumbing though their pages: "Huh? Zombies? Jane Austin? War of the Worlds? Mark Twain, Jim did what?! Where's I miss this?"
Okay, my med's were refilled yesterday. ;-) But I'd laugh any way. :-)
I'm not sure, but I don't think they make 'elderly, matronly stoic school frump of an English professor's' any more. I believe they threw those babies out with the 'literacy' bathwater in our modern educational system here in the USA.
ReplyDeleteLOL Maybe just in the backwoods where I came from. :_)
ReplyDelete