The Dalek Book,
had some wonderful material included, with color comics,
fun info on the Daleks themselves,
puzzles and games to enjoy,
more colored comics,
both black and white and two color comics,
and a written story just to round out the experience.
This fun and wonderful piece of nostalgia has nearly a hundred pages in 1.2k by 2.4k or better resolution scans and represents part of what made this series so popular and wonderful to so many.
I have no idea if any of our group likes this stuff like I do, but I adore it, I fell in love with the Doctor in the late 80's as a little girl watching it on PBS every sunday morning, where they would show an entire story arc, usually four, occassionally two, sometimes as many as eight episodes all at once. I was a very happy little girl and looked forward to seeing 'my show' each week!
ReplyDelete:)
Ah! The Doctor. I was 13 when William Hartnell was regenerated from being the Sergeant Major in "The Army Game" to appear as the first Doctor. Even in black and white it was scarey. The intro music was great too!
ReplyDeleteBri
I just looked at the Dalekcode. It reminds me of the code sypher I had as an a member of the I-Spy "Tribe" as a kid. Does anyone else remember I-Spy books and the coded messages in the Chronicle? Did thet ever publish I-spy books in USA?
ReplyDeleteNope, see the I-Spy post for more info! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is really great Beth. :-) I have a bunch of the Dr. Who series from you and other places. What I do have, except for your earlier postings, pretty much seem so mish-mashed together. Different sites claim the same books for separate series, or else I'm so confused. Sigh. :-)
ReplyDeleteI recall my own short views of PBS in a small town Kentucky, they'd run maybe 2-4 shows then stop, have a telephon, and afterward nothing else for another year or so, if at all. Guess that was what the people that gave donations didn't want.
The only episode of Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy I ever saw on PBS was where he was rescued into the Vogon's ship.
(Wikepedia)Towel Day is celebrated every 25 May as a tribute by fans of the late author Douglas Adams. On this day, fans carry a towel with them to demonstrate their love for the books and the author, as referenced in Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The commemoration was first held in 2001, two weeks after Adams' death on May 11, 2001.
Sorry, off topic, back to Doctor Who, does anyone have a favorite Doctor? I'm really hard-pressed to choose one over another. The character is so wonderfully charged and energetic. Someone's favorite fun uncle-type. Jumping about through time and space, carrying his ever-trusty sonic screwdriver. :-)
Actually I am doing for my several-hundred Who novels what I had done for my Star Trek series, but I am a ways from finishing, when I do, you will all know!
ReplyDelete:)
This will truly be a major project, and one that will give you great satisfaction at its completion.
ReplyDeleteThe Star trek series were well done and I applaud all your hard work on those.