Our first little bit of strange is a series that makes you ask yourself, WTF? It is an interesting little vampire series, and so much more! Thrilling, scary, sexy, and fun, this series is about an ex-soldier who comes back from Iraq a changed man, or is that vampire. Yep this toothy national hero is in high demand to solve problems, and like James Bond, they are often sexy problems indeed! So, does it get any weirder than this?
Mario Acevedo - Felix Gomez 01 - The Nymphos of Rocky Flats.doc
Mario Acevedo - Felix Gomez 02 - X-Rated Blood Suckers.doc
Mario Acevedo - Felix Gomez 03 - The Undead Kama Sutra.doc
Mario Acevedo - Felix Gomez 04 - Jailbait Zombie.doc
Mario Acevedo - Felix Gomez 05 - Werewolf Smackdown.doc
(Acevedo.rar)
Our next bits of strange is some stuff that isn't so strange in of itself, it is just strange compared to the usual offerings made here. Every library has periodicals, you know, magazines, well, so does Bethany's, and here I will offer you a taste of some of the oldest ones, in later Saturday posts I will offer newer and maybe 'themed' sets. I have hundreds of high-quality scans of magazines, periodicals, and pulps that cover every aspect of fiction, popular culture, and craft interests through the years 1880-present. Strange no?
Here is the first, it is an older one that featured western tales at a time when the 'old west' still actually existed, it is named the 'Deadwood Dick Library', and the date this issue was released was March 15, 1899
(Deadwood Dick Library 1889.rar)



Our next magazine is a popular 'reader' periodical that had fiction shorts provided by some of the most popular writers of the time, McClure's was the place to read the best fiction of the day, if you look closely at the 'contents' page below you will see it has stories by Robert Barr, A Conan Doyle, and Robert Louis Stevenson among others. This copy of McClure's Magazine is from July 1897.
(McClure's July 1897.rar)



Our last magazine this week is a 'feature' magazine of the day, with stories and pictures of the life and times of the period it is from. A fascinating time capsule look at the thinking, attitudes, and minutia of life, this one is really quite a bit more entertaining than first impressions would indicate. This edition of 'The Peterson" is from January 1898.
(The Peterson January 1898.rar)



And there you have it, the first Strange Saturday offering! Tada! I don't know if any of this will tickle anyone's fancy, and since it may only in parts, each is offered separate, so just be clear on what you want. Remember, it's Saturday, so be Strange everyone!
Strange? Go ahead, tell me how strange I am, I don't mind, I revel in it and invite you to 'get strange' right along with me! :)
ReplyDeleteI have my share of old ephemera, magazines (i.e. I own a London Times from the late 1770’s complete with tax stamp), and newspapers (mostly Civil War) so I for one do not think anything decidedly strange about your collection.
ReplyDeleteAwww, (kicks at the ground) here I thought I was being a 'little' strange. (pout)
ReplyDeleteOh well, as long as it feels strange to me, I'm happy! (grin) Enjoy the stuff, strange or not!
Nope, not that strange for me either. I'm very happy to find people that share my interest in so many things I also enjoy. I look forward to viewing you collections. :-)
ReplyDeleteYee-haw! Lil babbie saddles up her lobster she rescued from the Kroger's fish tank and together they ride off in a cloud of dust into the sunset. Leaving a very confused looking store clerk scratching his head and muttering as he counts the silver coins dropped into his hand: Who the devil was that foo... that masked stranger?