Friday, July 23, 2010

Special #22

TGIF! And that means weekend reading material, today our special is a three-fer! We have one of my horror offerings, a transcription from babalon, and for the first time, we are featuring a transcription done by Uglyoldude! Yep that is right, another player is entering the field of offering us high quality transcriptions of reading material we all get to enjoy.

First on the list is my usual horror special, but this time it isn't zombies, but a story about true events written as a horror tale. The reign of terror that Jack the Ripper inflicted on London is well known, but what if Jack was not just a homocidal maniac? What if he was something completely different? This book posits that question and supplies the answer with dash, and penache enough for you to keep the lights on when you finally do go to bed.

Virginia Baker - Jack Knife.doc



Next we have our own babalon's transcription, a novelization of a movie that I haven't seen since I was a little girl, it was a magical production of the late Jim Henson, 'The Dark Crystal'. Made into a tight little fantasy story that is quite enjoyable, this book reminds of the movie as well as tells a good fantasy tale.

A C H Smith - The Dark Crystal.doc



And lastly, with much fanfare and ado we bring you a transcription from our own Uglyoldude, who has spent his time and efforts so we could enjoy his beautifully done transcription of the novelization of the movie E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. A childhood staple for some time now the movie was a major hit at the time of it's release and unlike most movies, has had re-releases at theaters, much like the beloved Disney movies. The story comes alive in your mind when reading the novelization, for, as I find myself continually saying, the book is sooo much better than the movie. Thanks ever so much Uglyoldude!

William Kotzwinkle - E T The Extra-Terrestrial.doc

4 comments:

  1. I feel like a book gnome, rubbing my hands together reading the books that others give me. Thank you so much you guys! Uglyoldude is my knight in shiny armor, and babalon has gotten to be a great friend, both are so generous in offering their time and efforts to contribute transcriptions, I cannot say enough about what it means to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ET and the Dark Crystal... ooOOoo... this must be heaven ....thank you for these wonderful additions to our library.... and a new take on the ripper just to bring a little darkness into these sweet offerings ...Fantastic.. and again thank you...thank you...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, today really is a fanfare Friday.

    Thank you Beth for such a gloomy and really great sounding book. Ol' Jack has got to be my favorite bad guy villain. Usually, no matter the story with him involved.

    Thank you for the nice compliment, it's people like ours that make me feel it's well worth the effort when you see the happiness in the nice comments.

    And you, Uglyoldude, you came up with something I hadn't even thought about! Wonderful! I look anxiously to viewing it. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uglyoldude, you have done a beautiful job on this book, even including the italics formatting.

    I am placing your gem into my library. I recall watching the movie when it first came out in theaters, and this is bringing back some very dear memories. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete