Friday! It is that time of the week where we offer some spice for your weekend, this time we have the usual horror\terror book I offer, and another classic work of transcription from our own babalon. First, we will start with one of the most disturbingly frightening books I have read all year. In this book an ex-movie producer retreats after financial and personal failures and calamities to an old cabin in the woods he owned that once had been owned by a psychotic killer who murdered his entire family. He takes his comatose wife with him and sets himself to just 'get away' from it all and take care of her. Cabin fever quickly sets in, and as he comes to believe his wife is moving around the cabin when he sleeps, also, something begins to stalk any living thing outside his cabin. We have facts presented to us that suggest that one of three things is happening, our protagonist is going insane, the mountain itself is evil, or the cabin is haunted. Finding out which it is makes this one of the most frightening books written in years.
Harry Shannon - Dead & Gone.doc

Our second offering today is one of our own babalon's beautifully rendered transcriptions, this time of a classic scifi book that was adapted into my second favorite classic scifi movie right behind Forbidden Planet. This classic book, wonderfully re-created in electronic format for us to enjoy, was always a story that was before it's time. I sometimes think that the entire UFO abduction subculture playbook was written by people who originally read this book or watched the movie. As always, great as the movie was, I have to declare the book is better. Get it, read it, and see for yourselves.
Raymond F Jones - This Island Earth.doc
I cannot begin to express how good it is to get this copy of Raymond F. Jones classic. Thank you babalon for a fantastic copy of a fantastic book!
ReplyDelete:)
oh what a fantastic classic thank you Babalon your efforts are really appreciated this is a great book...the start of the UFO genre almost thank you.... and lets not ignore the chills and scares from our ebook angel bethany...thank you too I love the scary stuff...We are planning a little trip in the caravan to a place called Whitby... I love reading the scary stuff in the oh so quiet caravan ....
ReplyDeleteI keep hoping to run across an affordable copy of Forbidden Planet by W. J. Stuart. :-)
ReplyDeleteI want it in my e-library, too. :-)
How about it Beth, whoever can afford the copy first, buys it, and creates the copy? C'mon, I'll even give you a head start. ;-)