Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I-Spy


Oops, nothing here folks, I just made this post because I can! I do not have good scans of these or anything like that, I just wanted to respond to a comment someone made about this series in my own inimitable, (crrrraaaaazy) style! The I spy books were a very successful series of 'spotters' books sold to english children in the sixties and seventies, later, there was a Michelin series put out and in the nineties there was a series of 'hidden object' books released in the USA with the I-Spy titles.



However, the nostalgia is for those earlier books of an age gone by, here are some covers, (you all do know you can click on the pictures for a better look, right?)



Here is what they looked like on the inside,



These books were beloved by children of the times and represent a nostalgic memory of childhood for some of our members, I hope they enjoyed this little 'blast from the past!'

3 comments:

  1. Ok, it is true, I am not offering much with this post, but I was fascinated by the 'cultural phenomena' that these represented, and how they probably affected the world-view of an entire generation of english children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . and now for even more good news. I-Spy books are back! Michelin have revived the books for another generation of kids (and big kids). The new books are full colour, with photographs of the objects to be spied for. In the interests of research and advancement of knowledge I have purchased several of the books (well all of them actually). I got 'em through Amazon (UK). I think I'll do some PDF copies so I can keep them on my Palm PDA and tick 'em off digitally. This is I-Spying for adults - by stealth (Grin).

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you make them into pdf's and share them, then Michelin can't make 'value added' profit to their rubber company from the little children.

    Who in this case would be, well, us.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete