Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beth's Favorites #14

Hi! here is the first of my favorite books for the new blogsite. I guess I could put this one down as one of my top ten action/adventure books, but I really do not know if that would be right. Tragic comic to the point of the term, 'the Gods laughed', and psychological studies of the characters would possibly indicate different genre's this could be placed in. Who cares? This book is hauntingly good, it will make you spit out your coffee/tea, it will make you sad, happy, and wryly amazed. What more can a reader ask from any story?

Joseph Heller - CATCH-22.doc

3 comments:

  1. This one was a wonderful look at the absurdities of war, of course, could war really be anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this actually looks pretty cool, Beth. I just looked into Catch-22 on Wikepedia and read what they had to say about it. I've only heard of the book title and reference to "Catch-22" and I believe this will be a read I'll like.

    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it was made into a very strange movie, it had Alan Arkin, (loved him in The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming) starring along with, oddly enough, Art Garfunkle! Go figure...

    ReplyDelete